- Because Programs house activities, they must be created first in order to add activities. See Program Creation article for more details. On the management side go to Programs tab in the lefthand navigation, then Add New Program.
- Enter information as needed. Make sure to select Advanced Activity as program type.
- Click Next.
- Click the Add Activity button on the upper right
- Name the Activity. We suggest entering something recognizable by the activity name only, as this it what appears on the calendar.
- The Activity Code field is used if your department assigns codes to activities. Activities can be searched on the code for registration.
- The Activity Order number shows the order in which the activities are organized on the site, the lower the number, the higher on the list the activity will appear.
- Select a Category from the drop down menu or add a new one. A category is the section this activity will be filed under when viewing all activities from the public side.
- Activity Notes is a place to enter additional need to know information. This information shows under the activity for the public.
- If Receipt Notes are entered, they will appear on the printable and emailed receipt upon the completion of the registration.
- Maintenance Notes are a place to enter any setup or staff details that will appear on the facility maintenance report.
- Date to Show on Public Site defines the date this activity is visible to the public. If it is blank, it will appear immediately. If the second field is blank, the activity will drop off the public side after the last activity date.
- When Hide This Activity From Public is checked, the public will not be able to view this activity. When Hide This Activity From Management is checked, the activity will not appear in the activity search results for management side registration. Note that these will be unchecked by default on creation.
- Click View/Add Coaches & Instructors to give access to rosters for this activity, which are viewable on their public side accounts.
- Checking Allow Member Discounts will apply defined discounts for individual household account members. Those discounts are set up on the members account page.
- If this activity will have time slots, check the box Register by Time Slot.
- Checking the Show Add-On Products box allows activity to suggest/require purchase of products during checkout.
- Now we are ready to click Next Step to create a schedule.
The scheduling screen defines the dates, times and location of the activity. This also creates a booking on the facility calendar.
- To schedule dates, choose the Start Date and End Date,Time and Location of the activity.
- Select the day(s) of the week the activity occurs on.
- Use the View/Add Exclusion Dates checkbox to choose dates that you do not want to have the activity take place. For example, if that activity falls on a holiday in that schedule.
- Click Create Event Dates.
- This may be repeated for additional date/time patterns. When all dates are added, click Save Info.
- Confirm the list of dates, edit, exclude or delete as necessary then click the Add Pricing Options button (lower right of screen).
- On the Pricing Option popup box click the dropdown Choose a Pricing Matrix and select the option that works best for your activity.
- Single Day – allows purchase of individual days in a session. ex: September 1st, October 31st, and December 7th
- Weekly – allows purchase of individual weeks in a session. ex: Week 1 (Sept 1st - 7th) and Week 3 (Sept 14th - 21st)
- Monthly – allows purchase of individual months in a session. ex: Month 2 (October) and Month 4 (December)
- Multi Days – allows purchase a pattern of days within an entire session. ex: Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Daily per Week – combines Weekly and Multi Days.
ex: Every Tues and Thurs of Week 1 (Oct 1st - 7th) and Week 3 (Oct 14th- 21st)
Daily per Month – combines Monthly and Multi Days.
ex: Every Mon and Wed of Month 1 (September) and Month 3 (November)
- Entire Session – allows purchase every day in a session ex: All Days, just like a standard activity
- Once an option is chosen, the screen will reload. After it does, click Add. On the screen that loads, fill out the fee information, description, and any other applicable information.
- Change the name of the option to better inform the public of the option. For example, the default name might be “Multi Days”, but you can change that to something like MWF Entire Session. Keep the description brief so it is more easily read.
- There are other options you may choose to use, depending on the type of pricing option you choose. Certain options may not be used together such as recurring payments and deposits. These options will either disallow selection when not available or have notes explaining the conflict.
Allow Depositsallows the registrant to pay only part of the cost at time of purchase.
- Standard Deposit requires a deposit of a set figure on purchase.
- First Week/Month Deposit requires a deposit in the amount of the first week/month.
- Last/Week/Month Deposit requires a deposit in the amount of the last week/month.
- First & Last Week/Month Deposit requires a deposit for both first and last week/month.
- Adjustable Deposits allows the registrant to pay more than the set deposit amount.
- Repeating Deposits sets the deposit on each time block rather than only on the first.
- Fixed Rate Days per Week sets the minimum days that must be registered for per week.
- Missed Day Credit reduces the cost of a block of time when there is an exclusion date.
- Min/Max Weeks/Months requires a min/max number of weeks or months in a purchase.
- Registration Deadline disallows registration a set number of days before it occurs.
- Automatic Recurring Payments* charges the customer automatically for each week/month.
- Show on Site Date sets dates that the pricing option hides and shows on the public site.
- Require Remaining Weeks auto-selects all remaining Weeks for registration (required for public, suggested for staff).
- Click Next Step when finished and select Add another option to add more options to this activity or No, I am finished to continue setup.
- Select the Budget Group assignment(s) and click Next Step.
- Age Range defines the ages that can sign up for this activity. Registration Age Cutoff Date determines the date used by the activity to determine a registrants age for eligibility.
- Grade Range defines the grades that can sign up for this activity.
- Gender defines whether this activity is available to males, females or both.
- Checking Tax Deductible, lists the activity under the tax deductible section of an Account's finance statement.
- Allow Overbooking allows the office to add more people than the seats of the activity allow.
- Max Seats box is the maximum amount of people able to sign up for the activity. Max Non-Res Seats, is the maximum number of non residents who may sign up for the activity, out of the number of Max seats.
- The Minimum Seats Required box is an optional setting that is used to record the amount of people who must sign up for an activity in order for the activity to take place.
- In the Registration Info box, Registration Typeis determined.
- Use No Registration Required if it is desired that users not be able to register online or with the form. Registration Title and Registration Message are required to display instructions to the user.
- With the use of the Pre-Registration Form setting, users will only be able to register with a Pre-registration form created for the activity. This form must be processed by the staff when payment is received. This does not hold a seat until paid.
- Online Payment setting makes it so that users on the public side will then be able to register online with a credit card payment.
- Selecting Pre-registration Form & Online Payment, makes it so that public side users can choose to register either online or use a pre-registration form.
- High demand setting gives users 15 minutes to reach payment screen during the checkout process.
- Using the Registration Start and End Dates determines when registration is available. It must be defined for both resident and non resident users and must match the registration type.
On this step, special requirements can be added to the registration process by using existing questions, disclaimers, custom forms and required documents. Make selections and then click Next Save and Review.Delete