Departments frequently ask about using QR codes with their MyRec.com site.
QR codes are generated by numerous outside, third-party QR code generators, which you can find by completing an online search. MyRec.com does not create QR codes. The function of a QR code is to take the user to a specific website, so you can use this tool to direct your users to the MyRec.com public site without requiring them to type in the web address.
To utilize this with MyRec.com, complete the following steps:
- Use the QR code generator that you selected to create a new QR code (this is outside of MyRec.com)
- Open your public side MyRec.com homepage
- Copy the URL from the address bar
- Use the copied URL to paste into the URL field of the creator and complete the creation of the QR code
- You can now use the QR code on print materials, social media, or other marketing materials to direct users to your public side homepage
Once your user scans the QR code, it will take them to the page for the URL you used (i.e. public homepage) where they can log in or create an account for registration, reservation, and POS purchases.